Garage Door Cable Repair Services - San Jose, CA
The garage door is the largest, and probably the heaviest, movable object in many homes. The movement of the garage door is a result of a simple mechanical setup. In this system, one of the most important elements is the cable. Regardless of whether the garage door opens and closes automatically or manually, it will still need garage door cables for movement.
The two main, and most common, problems that can affect your garage door cables are:
- The cables coming out of the pulleys and the cables snapping. When the cables snap, it means that you are either locked outside or inside your garage. Due to this, it is important to get them repaired as soon as possible.
- The task of garage door cable repair may be presumably simple, but you are advised never to try to do it on your own, as it can be extremely dangerous. If you are based in San Jose, or its neighboring areas, you can contact San Jose Garage Door Masters so that we can send a professional to replace garage door cables in San Jose.
When Does Your Garage Door Cables Need Repair?
The first instance is obviously when they break because you will be unable to access your garage. When your garage door cables break, it is necessary to contact a specialist immediately for repair.
When you notice a slightly malfunctioning garage door cable, make sure that you reach out to professionals who have a thorough understanding of all the garage door parts. Garage door cables eventually malfunction with the passage of time. Even if the door is still opening and closing, it always better to replace garage door cable. This will help prevent inconveniences caused by a breakage, and also accidents.
If you are in San Jose, you can always contact the professionals of the company San Jose Garage Door Masters. Our professionals have a perfect understanding of the garage door repair San Jose. Thus, by hiring us, you can remain ensured that your garage door will operate smoothly for many more years.
Major Causes of Garage Door Cable Damage
- Poor installation: If the cables were not installed properly, then there are chances that it may get damaged. This is the main reason why you should only use the services of qualified professionals to install your garage door. With us, you can be guaranteed of proper and safe installation.
- Age: With the passage of time, cables get prone to easy breakage. After few years of usage, it becomes necessary to replace the old cables with new ones.
- Lack of regular servicing: When the cables are not inspected on time, it can lead to unwanted damage.
- Slamming the door too hard: This is common in manually operated garage doors. If you slam the door too hard on the ground, you can cause the garage door cables to come off the pulleys, and if they are very old, they may also break.
Don't put yourself in harm's way by trying to conduct garage door cable repair San Jose yourself. Rather, contact San Jose Garage Door Masters and we will be happy to serve you.